Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Working with QR codes-7th grade

I have always wanted to work with QR CODES. I searched through the Internet and finally came up with some ideas to use them.

In 7th grade, students seem very much engaged when they have "Wow" moments, and using QR CODES was not the exception.

Ways teachers may use QR codes in classroom.

1-linking to YouTube videos.
2- adding PDF files.
3-link to a website.
4-as ID card.

This last point I  love!
USING QR CODES TO TEACH CIVICS AND GOVERNANCE.
 
      I used QR CODES for each student, and created a passport. My unit that week was CITIZENSHIP and RESPONSIBILITIES , therefore students were going to learn the importance of carrying identification documents and the consequences of losing them.

Using GOOGLE DOCS I was able to create a unique QR CODE for every single student. So every day before entering to class,they had to show their passport or visa with QR CODE and get it scanned by me!

This is a cool way to teach about CIVICS AND CITIZENSHIP.
In a later post I will upload my HOW TO CREATE QR CODES USING GOOGLE DOCS!





No comments:

Post a Comment